This Cranberry Apple Casserole is so versatile and can be used in three ways! It's perfect for Christmas Day brunch or breakfast and it's also a a fabulous side dish for pork tenderloin on Christmas Eve. And if you're looking for a dessert, it’s most wonderful served with a scoop of vanilla!
5 cups of apples, peeled and sliced (use a combination of Granny Smith, Gala and Honey Crisp)
3 cups of fresh cranberries
4 tablespoons flour
1 3/4 cups of sugar
5-6 packages of instant oatmeal (plain, not flavored)
1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heavily grease your 9" x 13" baking dish with butter or spray canola oil.
3. Mix together apples, cranberries, flour and sugar and place in your dish.
4. Combine oats, butter and brown sugar and spread on top of fruit mixture.
5. Place in the oven for approximately 45 minutes.