A dessert for a night of entertaining!
- 1/2 bar (2 ounces) German’s Sweet Chocolate – 48% cacao
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 325º.
- Melt chocolate and butter in small saucepan over low heat then remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat eggs until foamy at high speed in small mixing bowl. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Blend in flour at low speed. Add vanilla. Stir together melted chocolate and butter and then add to mixture.
- Pour into well-greased 9-inch pie plate. No crust needed.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Serve at room temp and refrigerate after two days.
The pie will form a crackle crust on top. Slice with a sharp knife dipped in water. Cut slowly. The crackle top will break when cutting but gives it that homemade appeal.
It is perfect by itself but so yummy with whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream.
It will cut 8 small slices or 6 generous slices.
I use Crisco to grease the glass pie plate. In a bind with no Crisco, I used a generous portion of Pam spray and it worked wonderfully.