- 2 bags frozen french style green beans (thawed and very well “squeezed” dry)
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Additional salt & pepper to taste
I use a very well seasoned iron skillet, but any skillet will work, just don’t let the butter brown too quickly.
- Sauté the pecans in butter until roasted and fragrant.
- Add in the green beans. After the beans thaw (and you can thaw them in a colander under cool water), you literally have to hand squeeze all of the water out in order to not water down the butter and pecans.
- Cook on low to medium heat and add the garlic powder, garlic salt, and finish off with any additional salt and/or pepper to taste. The beans will turn dark green but should not be cooked so long as to become mushy.
Related posts: Recipe